Past Projects & Contributions
The best way to understand our experience and expertise is to highlight past accomplishments. Below are examples of the projects and products that the SM Magnetics Engineers have worked on with our customers.
Academic & Research:
- Re-designed the magnetic circuit on a motor that would capture more electricity when used in a micro windmill application.
- Assisted with the design of a “steel ball in cup” assembly for an automotive application that allowed for pivoting and detachment.
- Suggested ferrous materials and placement in a consumer electronics wearable that enhanced the field and focused it away from the electronics.
- Develop the metal injection molded (MIM) chemistry for the mating part of a speaker application for the consumer electronics industry.
- Designed a dipole assembly used in the consumer products industry used to anneal materials that passed through.
- Determined the appropriate magnetic pattern, field, and sizing for a consumer product to ensure precision alignment with mating parts.
- Developed several magnet shape and size options for an in-body medical device that performs like a catheter with electronics requirements.
- Optimized magnetic circuit design for drug delivery application and manufacture magnetics, magnetic assemblies, and injection molded portions of the delivery in medical device.
- Evaluated and developed the shape, size, and material requirements for a medical application involving short-term holding of tissue within the upper digestive system.
- Designed and developed the magnetic circuit for a sensor that sends signals and data in a medical device during a surgical procedure.
- Redesigned the lamination stack on a stator of a LiDAR motor to achieve the correct start-up torque and RPM while making the motor more efficient.
- Developed advanced coating options to prevent corrosion on the rotor magnets of a thruster used in saltwater and experiencing harsh conditions.
- Designed mechanical holds for a torque coupling used in the fluid handling industry that had a large start up torque and pumped chemicals.
- Continually develop manufacturing, testing and quality standards for all parts manufactured in our factories to ensure higher yields and less material waste.
- Evaluated the demagnetization issues associated with an existing industrial cleaning robot. Recommended a different magnetic configuration and material change.
If you need any design assistance, engineering services or mass production on your next project contact us.